Monday, August 22, 2016

August 8, 2016

Mission call to Japan for Spencie.......Is that the same mission as Spencer???? Blessed the baby!!! Woot woot!!! So everyone is in the same old same old routine of football and volleyball :) That's awesome!! I miss practicing sports... it is so much fun. It's about time dad gets working hard on the shabin. I think he listened to me when I told him he needed to get working and that he shouldn't be so lazy ;) I know he doesn't like to hear those words and that that gets him working :) hehehe. Can't wait to see what it will be like when I get there. I'm sure it will be way different!! 

So, like I told you guys I have a new comp Elder Barrios. He is from Baranca PerĂº. but is living in Buenos Aires. So a fake peruvian jajajja. I always joke with him about that. Don't worry, he doesn't get too mad ;) 

This week has been a good week. We have been working hard in these couple days since he got here. We have a baptism programmed for the 20th of this month!! We have a family that there sisters baptized about 2 months ago. And now we are teaching their family!! Their mom Paula, son and daughter in law Maxi and Sabrina are all listening to us and they like it!! They are talking about getting married all of them!! The dad is still playing Chuck Norris.... I don't want to hear anything but he likes it and is changing. He doesn't realize it right now but he is changing a lot. He isn't the  same from when I got here a month ago. And it really is amazing to see the change in him and really in all of them because they have all changed a ton!! They were all kind of like the punks from the street??? I can't think of the right word... they aren't punks they were just like that family that was always mad always having problems with people and now they aren't even close to that!! They are smiling. Paula told us that before she worried about making it to the end of the month with food and everything they needed because sometimes they couldn't make it or were close to not making it. But now that she has been going to church she has all the food that she needs. And that is with the same amount of money and the prices are a lot higher. It's truly amazing to see her forming her testimony. We're going to see what we can do to help them feel even more the spirit and receive more blessings through taking the step of baptism. :) Super excited!!!!!! :) So it's been a good week for us. Sad to see my comp go but it's been a good week. I hope everyone is doing good. I hope everyone has picked a date to find their reference for the missionaries. Love you guys a ton. Be safe.

Con amor,

Elder Hakes















No comments:

Post a Comment