Saturday, July 16, 2016

June 13, 2016

I'm doing awesome!!! It has been a way fun week!!!! We had to go to Mendoza this week for mi hijo. he had to do legal papers so we headed over there. It was fun :) Then we came back and we had a tormenta blanca. white storm. which means, if you don't remember, when missionaries and members all go and work together!! We did it in our area this week. We had about 20 members come and help us throughout the day and about 6 missionaries!! It was awesome!! It was way fun!! We had active, less active, convert members that all helped us!! It was a great activity and everyone learned from it  what is the missionary work!! Lots of them told me that they loved it!! I am hoping that I can do it again in my next area. I feel like I am going to leave in a week... it's kinda sad... I call one of the families my argentine family... I'm going to miss her. I even call her mami sometimes. jajja. She just laughs. It's a great family. I guess we´ll see if I have to go next week or if I stick around a month or so more. 

Guess what!!!! Remember the familia Benitez flores that me and E. Lujan were building their house and teaching them???? they got baptized last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except for the fact that I couldn't go............ that was way sad... it's because they are in Mendoza and I am in San Juan... I'll see if I can send you some photos this week or the next :) I was so happy :) I wish I could have baptized them but hey, the Lord works in his ways and we have to respect his ways. As much as we would like to change them we have to respect them. 

Something way embarrassing happened today.... forgot my plaque............ it's in the pench... never done that in my whole mission.... my comp didn't even notice that I didn't have it... jajja. oh well. life goes on. I'll just have to go get it again. 

Hope that all is going good!! Our investigators fell through on their baptism date.... looks like it'll have to change to a couple weeks ahead so we can make sure he gets rid of the wine... we are working hard with about 3 or 4 that should be baptized a week or 2 after I leave.... how sad right??? jajaja. I guess I'll just have to keep working in the next area with some new people. 

Hope you guys are doing great!! Sorry I can't talk much more... I have hit the time limit... love you guys a ton!!! Have an amazing week!!!! Hope you all survive 122 degrees this week!!! :)

Con amor,

Elder Hakes











No comments:

Post a Comment