Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9, 2016

It has been a fun week!! We made baked Ziti!!! and it actually turned out way good!! We also made mac n cheese which was way good. So, we are trying out all the recipes hahaha!! It was an awesome day yesterday wasn't it?? hahha. We talked between 5 different cities and 4 different states. I got to talk to the whole family at one time!! and there are 13 of us!!! I counted!!!! hahaha. We are getting a lot bigger and stronger in numbers!! Pretty soon there will be too many to have parties in the house haha. Yesterday definitely was the best Sundays of my mission. Church, talk to family, baptism, and like always, Mormon refreshments ;) jajaja. 

The baptism was awesome!! A lot of things seemed like they were going to fall through. like the font didn't work during the week but they fixed it 2 days before. Both of the people who were going to give the talks said they couldn't the day of. So I gave a talk on baptism, baptized Brisa, and gave the last prayer. hahaha. It was kinda funny. It was awesome though. We had a couple of investigators that were able to come and watch the baptism too so that was awesome. I think they all felt the spirit there yesterday. I know I did. 

I think yesterday was one of the big moments when I have felt the power of the priesthood in my life. I got into the water a little nervous, with reason because its my first baptism, and then I put my arm up to start, said her name, started and then a peace just came over me. A powerful peace and the words just flowed out. It was an amazing experience. Something that I don't think I will ever forget. It was amazing. And I want to feel it again so you can bet you bottom  dollar that I'm gonna have another!!! ;)  

Love you guys, hope you all have an awesome week and We'll see ya next week!!

Con amor,

Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment