Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 22, 2016

Sounds like a fun week!!! I got a new comp. Elder Almeida. He is from Paraguay but lived most of his life in Buenos Aires so basically is Argentine haha. It's been a good 2 weeks with him. We get a long good so its been great. I am district leader of 2 elders and 2 sister missionaries. It seems to be a pretty awesome district. the other 4 missionaries have been here together for a transfer or 2 so they all know each other and everything but we are starting to get to know everyone!! haha. It's a zone with a bunch of new missionaries.... like 6 new missionaries who started this transfer. I'm district leader so I have to teach a class every week to the district in our district meetings. So that's a bit interesting. Learning how to each missionaries is different than investigators haha. We have gotten to know a lot of the area. its a lot bigger than my last area but its okay. Just means a little more work :) 

OOOO fun story this week. We went to get to know one of the members in the ward and we were talking then she asked us where we were from and I said Buenos Aries just to mess around. She asked me seriously?? and I was like yea!! Why don't you think Im from here?? Is it like my Spanish is bad or what's the deal?? and she said no.... you have an accent of an Argentine but... fine, where are your parents from then??? hhaahahaaha I had convinced her I was from Argentina!!! She was asking to know where my parents were from because I don't look Argentine but I sounded like one hahaha. I eventually told her I was joking and she laughed a little bit. it was funny though. :) 

There hasn't been too many other things exciting like that that have happened this week. It's been a pretty chill week. Well, super hot but relaxed week getting to know people and everything. I think I sent photos last week?? I don't remember. If I didn't send anything let me know. We have super pday today with the 2 zones of San Juan so that'll be awesome!!! 

Well, hope all is well with you guys and love yall a ton. 

Cya next week!!!

con amor,

Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment