Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 15, 2016

Hey mom!! 
It's been a good week!!!! We got here to San Juan Tuesday miday and then some elders showed us to the pench. My comp is Elder Almeida. He is from Paraguay, Asunción , but has been living in Buenos Aires since he was 7. So cool stuff there. He seems to like to work so everything is going goood! We cleaned the area. so both of us showed up new again. Looks like we are going to have to learn the whole area haha. There are some maps here to help us though. It's a bit harder being district leader because now I am charge of some other missionaries and I have to teach them every week in a district meeting but I'm starting to learn how to do it haha. It's definitely harder than I thought it was. It always seemed so easy but now I'm learning it takes preparacion haha. 
Let's see, San Juan is pretty hot. like 40 degres C. so we are trying to get more used to that but it's good. We are just getting to know the members and the investigators that are here. They seem to be way good people so that's pretty awesome. 
Let's see... what else has happened.. We had to give testimonies in church this last week because we are newbies to the ward. We are in a ward with 4 missionaries so its a bit interesting.  They have one side of the ward and we have the other side. So it's cool getting to know them and all of the people in this ward. It's way bigger than the last ward I was in! I feel like this one has almost twice as much so that's awesome to see in the church :) 
I heard Cody is trying to be as cool as his brother in rugby, but I don't know if he's that good yet ;) hahaha. I think I'm gonna go find a rugby ball. I want to play with one haha. Like at least have one in my hands to pass around. Looks like Rugby is bigger in San Juan so I am very happy :) as I'm sure you can imagine haha. 
How's all the fam doing? Whats going on with Davy y Nessy?? Is it almost baby time again? Because that'd be cool haha!! 
I love you guys and hope y'all have a good week I am gonna go bowling now so see ya later!!
Con amor,

Elder Hakes






















No comments:

Post a Comment