Monday, August 3, 2015

August 1, 2015


I cant believe that Cody didn't even have to go up TORO hill at football camp?? That just seems dumb to me. Honestly, I think we should have run up Toro hill daily when we were at camp. Camp is supposed to push you to your limits and that is one thing that will really push you and make you work harder.. But I guess that's just me. 

Oh well. Brent, YOU STINK. hahha. I always thought that it would be fun to go to Lake Powell and hang out with friends all weekend... You better take me when I get back to repay me. 

I bet Emily was feeling really weird and kinda just like what am I supposed to do now... but I'm sure you two had some fun nights hanging out together. 

Spanish is coming along a lot better, I'm understanding more and trying to learn as much as I can. Actually, this past week we went to teach the first lesson with some mock investigators and I took NO notes in. Scariest thing ever. I was supposed to lead the lesson too ,,,so it was a bit scary in that sense also. My heart was pumping right before we went in but we went in and I relaxed and I think we had a really good lesson. It was probably because I was listening more and not just doing exactly what the plan said. It's some good stuff. We invited one of our investigators to be baptized and he said he would!! It was good with him. 

Let's see..... favorite scripture... um... 3 Nephi 5:13?? I think it's a missionary one but not entirely sure..k D&C 121:46 is good too. You know which other ones are good?? 1 Nephi 1:1 through the end of Moroni 10 ;) 

They have had Tuesday devotionals and Sunday devotionals. They are good!! We have only had Emeritus General authorities speak to us which means they were part of the seventy but when they turn older than 70 they are then called Emeritus general authorities. I don't remember their names of my head... I think one was Stephen Allen.. Let me ask the people in the computer room real quick. One sec. L Lionel Kendricks, Grant Richards, and William R Walker. They were good talks. I have written down in a journal what they said but its not with me right now.. sorry.. Maybe next time haha. 
Lets see.... I think ill try to send pictures again if they will send. Thanks for sending me the package!! I was going to try and have you send me my old black church pants from home, like 3 more ties (one purple because our room does a purple tie Friday or something like that and I don't have my purple one), and some pringles but thats okay! 

Oh I heard that Argentina has opened up their packaging system again so you can send packages to Argentina again now!! Not that I'm saying you have to but I figured I'd let you know :) 

Tell papa thank you for another awesome letter. It was really cool to see how the South America missions started and how the Argentina mission started. # companions who knew all different languages. It is amazing how the Lord can help missionaries get the work done. I thought it was cool what the General authority said? I think it was a General Authority said it, but that the work would start off slow but would begin to pick up later. It was a really cool story thanks papa and grandma :) 

How is grandma doing?? all good? How are Jennie and Joe?? 

Love you guys and hope you have an awesome week!!!!

Elder Hakes












No comments:

Post a Comment