Monday, July 27, 2015

July 25, 2015



Elder Nielson and Elder Hakes

Hey MOM!! 

Good to here Greg, Brittni and Jennie and Joe are all moving along with their houses!! And that everything is good with you guys.

Everything is good up here in the mountains! Sage sent me some cookies and our whole room loved it!! uh... lets see... I forgot to bring my journal today so I'm just trying to remember everything by memory which isn't very easy... hahaha. 

Yesterday was Elder Broman's birthday so we had a quick little party for him. I'll send you the pic :) We just finished teaching Geovani who's a fake investigator and then we started teaching a new guy this week too. Next week we will have 3 investigators. This keyboard sucks... like it is just weird and I cant type fast on it... sorry that was random. You're probably laughing at me right now too hahahha oh well life is good :) 

oh so funny story.... So one of the guys in my district was taking a shower so my companion went and got some ice cold water in a water bottle and threw it at him!! They were flipping out because it was so cold!!! hahaha. then Elder Paxton, the one who got hit with cold water, waited until my companion was taking a shower which was that same night, and he grabbed a chocolate muffin and chucked it at him!!!! hahahha. It was a fun day :) 

We had a MTC wide meeting, so like every MTC was brodcasted our talks and stuff. Our district was on the broadcast singing like 3 times or something like that... hahaha. So everyone could see me singing!! Apparently I smiled when the camera was on me because my district president told me I did... hahaha!! He wasn't mad. I guess there was another guy in our district that saw he was on the camera made a little smile then went serious again.... for like 5 seconds then he had a huge smile on his face haha. good times... devotionals are kinda weird.. like we sing 3 praylood (prelude....hahah)  songs before it even starts... its so weird... Not bad or anything.  just different. 

I think we have the best district here. I love our district. We work hard and have so much fun together.  Its AWESOME. And we all leave the same day!! 

The language is coming pretty well. slow but surely :) I can talk in the lessons and kind of say what I'm thinking in a broken Spanish kind of way hahaha. Its good though :) I'm learning and it's all good in the hood. I don't know why I just said that hahha.

Hey, tell grandma and grandpa that it wasn't just their dear elder that did that thing with the punctuation that one time it was all of them. It seems to be good now though!! 

Did you get my letter? How did David's test go? Is Cody at football camp? Tell Denise thank you for Curt's letter and that I got to read it. It was nice to see what's happening in that hooligans world ;)

I love you guys and hope all is going well!!!

Love,

Elder Hakes


My District

My Companion

The Shuttle ride to the MTC.  The guy to my left is from Thatcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment