Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 18, 2015



 Everything is going pretty well so far. I wish I could talk more in Spanish because I understand what everyone is saying, but it's hard to speak back haha. It's okay though! 

My companion is Elder Nielson. He is from Logan Utah and I think he's an awesome companion. He likes mountain biking and dirt biking and sports so we get along really well ;) I don't know what else to say... Our Zone has like 5 districts that all showed up on the same day so we are pretty much all new and we will mostly likely come home all at the same time. Our district has 3 companionships going to Argentina including us and 2 going to California. 

We talked with our first investigator which was really cool but very hard!! It was in Spanish !! I feel like I know so much more now than I did yesterday. I actually couldn't fall asleep last night for like 15 minutes because all I could think about was Spanish words and how to say different sentences!! It wasn't because I was stressed, but because I was just thinking Spanish! It's really weird writing in English and hearing the Spanish words fly through your head... I've almost written in Spanish in this email like 5 times now. I guess I'm just weird. Oh well! 

Glad all is going well with you guys! Sorry Emily's team isn't doing so hot in Volleyball, but hey, you cant win every time right?? Unless your me because I can ;) I am going to try and send the pictures too you but I'm not entirely sure how to do them now.. I will figure it out though!! Oh yea, if you could send me a couple hangers that would be nice. I need 4 or 5 and I need to get soap because they don't have any soap here for me. Thankfully Elder Nielson had some and helped me out.

Our whole room is going to Mendoza and we all leave on the same day!! Exciting stuff huh?? How long until Greg is done with his house? Also, you haven't done anything since I left?? Not even the Shabin??? That's absurd!! haha just kidding. It is like barely hitting me that I'm a missionary and I'm not coming home for 2 years.. you'd think I'd already get that by now but eh, slowly but surely I'll get there I guess. 

We get to go to the temple this afternoon which is exciting!! um... lets see if I can throw the pictures into the message.. who knows!haha. umm... it's not working right now.. I'll have to ask someone who knows how too! hahaha. 

Dear elder does not work very well in Argentina, but it works at the MTC still so if you want to do your letters that way then that works too. I'll just email you on Saturdays a reply :) 

Oh yea, I finally got to go to the gym yesterday which was AMAZING. I'm not sure I have ever wanted to go work out so much in my life.. I love what I'm learning but I just want to get up and move around a bit! I guess yesterday we got up and went outside the building and started talking in Spanish and having some of the lesson out there which was really nice. 

Hmm.. My Branch President is President Swenson. He seems like a good guy. Haven't been able to talk to him really so I don't know him super well but its okay :) 

Well, I love you guys and i miss you tons!! Nos Vemos!!

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment