Monday, September 26, 2016

September 19, 2016

Happy birthday Nessa and Carlee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed your big days!!! :)

Sounds like all is going well in the sports department :) jajajaj. I miss playing sports... it would be fun to go play a game of rugby or football :) 

Girls camp already???? jajajjja. That's crazy..... are you in charge again??

OOOOOooooo that won't be fun for Jacob..... (Ryan's cousin had some surgery on his hand this week.)

They are touring Japan???? I didn't think they would end up doing that... jajajja sounds like a ton of fun though!!! I would so do that too ;) ;) nudge nudge jajaj. I can't believe she is ending her mission.... that is so crazy. and it came so fast... the mission passes by so fast... it's not even funny no fair. I wish it would slow down sometimes but at the same time I like that it goes so fast because it can get boring if it goes slow. (Ryan's cousin Jamie is returning from her mission in Japan On September 26th and her parents picked her up.)

It has been a good week. This last week was transfers but looks like I stay with my comp. I guess I'll have 4 and a half meses here!! jajja. I think the President puts me in a place and forgets about me and then when he remembers when it's been about 6 months  in  a area. jajaja. but it's all good. 

We had our district meeting Friday and it threw me off completely.... jajjaja. It is always Tuesday and they changed it to Friday for the week no más and I thought that the week had started over like subconsciously I felt it was Tuesday when I knew it was Wednesday. jajaj. fun stuff no?? Sunday felt weird for that reason but it was way good anyways. We had a way good semana. We found 8 new investigators and they all seem pretty interested. We have a ton of lessons for this week. I think we have to Wednesday full with citas.... crazy stuff!! It's a blessing to be so busy. But we are working a ton. It's fun to work hard and see the results. I was sitting there in sacrament meeting Sunday looking at all the people that had come to church in the last 3 months. Like the people we have been working with members inactive and investigators. Its was so beautiful to see that. And then I felt like I was going to be in the Young men's when I get home. Like it will be my calling and so I think I need to prepare for that.... jajjaja. I don't know why but I felt like I am going to help in young men's. Sounds fun to me so I am cool with that!! 

This week I was reading in Mosiah. It has been very interesting. I loved in the first chapter that he first showed how he taught his children to study and get to know things of the world and also the scriptures. Then he starts teaching them to keep the commandments and other things but I like when it says that he taught them until he got old. and right before he was about to die. I think it should be the same with all parents and future parents. They should be ready to teach their children until the day that they pass to the next world. Because We as children always need the wisdom of our fathers and mothers. That goes for fathers and mothers who have children Grandparents, great grandparents and Ancient parents!! jaja. But I have been loving to read of The King Benjamin and everything he teaches in those first 5 chapters. I think they are very important for us and they are very interesting to me. You guys should go read them today!! He teaches so many things that we need to do in our lives. It has helped me to think of some things I want to change in my life and improve. I hope you guys are taking advantage of the scriptures that we have at such easiness. They truly are delightful for the soul like Nefi teaches. If you aren't searching them everyday. Repent. And start searching them. They will change your lives. Like they are changing mine. I love you guys a ton. Have an amazing week. :)

Con amor,

Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment