Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 18, 2016

Waaazzzzupppp!! 

It's been a good week over here in Argentina! Well, it was a bit hotter the past week, but it rained like yesterday and the night before so it cooled off a bit again! It's kinda weird weather to be honest. I guess it has to do something with the tormenta del niño or the child's storm? That is in Perú. Or at least that is what someone told me it was. It could be something else, but I don't know haha. 

It's been a pretty good week! We had an investigator tell us that she believes the church is true this week!! It was awesome!! We were there in her house teaching and we were starting to finish so we talked about prayer and how they can know for themselves that this message and this church is true. And that's when she said I believe its true. It was amazing!!! But, her husband looked at her with disbelief and she got shy and didn't want to say why she believes in the church. So we will have to see if we can get her to tell us if she prayed to know or not this week. Awesome family. 

I got everyone telling me I'm leaving this transfer. I guess its unusual for someone to be in an area more than 4 transfers. But we'll see what the Lord decides through President Goates. Besides, I still got until like the 2nd week of February until I know, so I don't know why they are all saying that. haha. What 3 weeks? 

I ate some chips for the first time in Argentina this week. First because they are way expensive second I didn't want to spend the money haha. But, we found a little shop/store that sells them for way cheap so we bought them there and they were awesome!! I think I'll have to pass by there again :) 

I got the Lettter from Grandpa and Grandma Hakes this week, tell them I said thank you for the card! and I hope they are doing well and that they are still keeping their kids all in line. Not buying all these jeeps and fun stuff without there favorite elder Hakes ;) haha. Yea, I don't know what else happened this week... Mission leader had his daughter's birthday party so we helped him set it all up and cook the asado! It was a fun day! Don't worry, we didn't just waste time there. We were working too. While we made the asado we talked to all his nonmember friends :) hehehe. We also played volleyball with the 2nd counselor in the stake so that was fun! Emily will be proud that I'm playing her favorite sport! 

Well, I cant think of anything else that happened this past week so I guess that'll be it for now haha. 

oh wait. 2 more missionaries moved into our pench because their pench is way bad so yea. We are a pench of 4 missionaries now. It's was kinda crazy the first couple days getting all of their stuff where it should be and organizing everything but now we are back to normal. Work work work. and then some more work. haha. We are helping an investigator build his house so I am learning how to do brick houses which is pretty cool! So when I get back I'll be able to build Shabins and brick houses! ;) hahha. Alright, now I really don't know what else to talk about but its been a good week. Hope you guys all had a good one this last week. I'll see y'all later! 

Con amor,

Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment